Wednesday, June 15, 2011

dreaming of the farm life.....and some other goods.....



Still reading through "one thousand gifts" by Ann Voskamp. (and side note: I am becoming so intrigued with her and her simple way of life....every time I read her book or check her blog each morning...more and more I want that simple life....a farm, the country, 6 kids (not sure how simple that would be), the small church with wooden pews, homeschooling my children....I told brett the other day that reading about her life makes me want the farm life.....he laughed....then I laughed...the thought of the two of us trying to live the farm life...ha!...I think maybe I'll just continue to live vicariously through Ann:) Anways, I am really taking my time on this book.....I keep rereading chapters simply bc I don't want to pass over all the goods too quickly! Here are just a few things I read this morning that I loved!

"And now this--that faith is not a once-in-the-past action, but faith is always a way of seeing, a seeking for God in everything. And if the eyes gaze long enough to see God lifted in a thing, how can the lips not offer eucharisteo? The truly saved have eyes of faith and lips of thanks. Faith is in the gaze of a soul."

"Always ingratitude makes the poison course. The cure against thanklessness's bite? The remedy is in the retina. How we behold determines if we hold joy. Behold glory and be held by God. How we look determines how we live.....if we live."

here are a few pics from her blog that I loved!

No comments: