Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Nursery Part 1: the drawers




So I'm going to start posting pictures of Julia's sweet nursery. There are so many parts to it that I just love so much! It's super girly and oh I just can't wait to hold her in it!

I'll start with the drawer area; I got this set of drawers out of the garage at my mom's house...they were nasty and brown. Brett and his dad basically took them apart and rebuilt them and then we painted them white. Then I ordered some knobs from my all time favorite place.....etsy.com. Oh how I love that place! I found a lady right here in GA, who hand-paints knobs, and they look absoutely perfect!! You can check her site out here.
I don't know if you can see it well, but the tea cup on the 2nd shelf was the tea set I had in my room as a little girl:) I hope I remember to save things like my mom did for me! The teapot was my grandmother's. She always had tons of teapots at her house! The bouquet of roses was one of the bouquets from our wedding and the cute little lamb and wire basket came from my all time favorite antique store here in buford, Queen of Hearts! Oh how I love that store!

Oh and I have to brag on my deal of the day...you see that little laundry hamper to the side. Got it at a yard sale....it's pottery barn..it goes for around $80...but yours truly only paid $10! I heart yard sales!

No comments: