Saturday, October 10, 2009

Chuck Swindoll @ Catalyst '09


Spent yesterday and Thurs. evening at Catalyst. This was the first time I have been able to go....we had a furlough day Friday, which made it an easy choice:)

I heard so much great stuff. Chuck Swindoll had some great points A, B, and C tips. I have always enjoyed listening to his messages and reading his books....but I think his quick 10 essentials was right on and great info. for anyone in any type of leadership:

Here were my notes:

Chuck swindoll-10 things I've learned 50 years in...
-it's lonely to lead
-it's dangerous to succeed
-it's hardest at home
-it's essential to be real
-it's painful to obey
-brokeness & failure are necessary
-my attitude is more important than my actions
-integrity eclipses image
-God's way is always better than my way(perhaps the goal of Catalyst for you this year is to empty your hands )
-Christ likeness begins & ends w/ humility.


5 Statements Worth Remembering:

1.Whatever you do...do more with others and less all alone.
2.Whenever you do it emphasize quality not quantity
3.Wherever you go do it the same as if you were among those who know you best.
4.Whoever may respond, keep a level head.
5.However long you lead, keep on dripping with gratitude and grace.


also, included a pic. of some middle school vols who joined me....love these girls:) Cassie...the one to my right is a super hairsytlist and thinks its time I bring some color into my deep sea of dark hair...think I'm going to go for it:)!

No comments: