Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Reading and Writing Workshop: Part 2...come join us!


Speaking of summer:
I try not to get too teacher-esque on this blog, but because time is not on my side I have not updated "Across the Hall" the way I would like....so I'll just say it here at LaneDMoore:

My "Across the hall" friend, Katie and I will be teaching two professional learning courses this summer for Hall County! "Reading and Writing Workshop: Part 2" It's a secondary course to the introductory "Reading Institute" taught by Heather Wall and the "Writing Institute" taught by Cheryl Cole. Ever since my Reading Institute experience last summer in NYC with "The Reading and Wrting Project" I have been so fired up about some cool things and practices in the classroom (concerning reading and writing). We are so excited about WHAT we are teaching and can't wait to get some teachers fired up about it too! We have been planning like crazy and have some great things in store for our teachers! If you are a Hall County teacher, grades 2-5 sign up! Course will be held June 10-12 8am-3pm and June 17-19, 8-3.

No comments: