Friday, May 29, 2009

no more Shrimp for me :(


A few weeks ago, I went to this great, new restaurant on the square in Carrollton(where I'm from) and ordered one of my all time favorite meals...Shrimp and Grits! (if you haven't had this combo...AMAZING! I know it sounds a little interesting, but oh my goodness! it's oh so good!) Anyways, it was probably one of the best bowl of shrimp and grits I have ever had.

On my way back to Atlanta my chin started to feel very heavy.... well, extremely heavy! I looked in the mirror and oh my goodness was it a sight to see! My entire chin was swollen and red! Reminded me of the scene in Hitch when he realizes he has a food allergy to shellfish. I took some benedryl later and it had gone down, but whew it was scary!

Apparently, Hitch and I have the same food allergy...shellfish. I have never had any kind of food allergy, but studies show that more and more people are developing food allergies in their adult years than every before. This is a little sad for me simply because I love all shellfish.....no more shrimp and grits for me! so sad:(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just watched that movie for like the 100th time this weekend! I just love it! And I love Shrimp-n-Grits!