Saturday, January 3, 2009

The break is over...now back to the everyday routine


I'm a little sad tonight because it's the last Saturday of my Christmas break from school. To say that this break was needed and well-timed is an understatement. Please don't misunderstand....I enjoy teaching and love to inspire my students, but I have been in grad school full time this year and teaching full time...it's been a little much needless to say. So instead of being a downer right now let me say the things I have loved over the past 2 weeks:

-cooked dinners
-time with my favorite people
-late night talks with B.
-not hitting the snooze button 5 times
-reading books for pleasure
-blogging
-catching up on all my favorite blogs
-naps anytime
-running
-learning about a gracious and kind God
-watching Marley & Me
-dreaming about our family
-watching my niece learn how to say "bye-bye" and give a kiss
-New Year's Resolutions
-Catch Phrase with friends

It's been a great 2 weeks. I feel rejuvenated and I feel ready for Monday morning....(I think) How about you? What things did you get to do if you had a break from the everyday routine? or what do you do to keep the craziness from becoming too much in the everyday routine?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little sad for reality to hit on Monday too. I've loved sleeping in, and I'm really dreading hearing my alarm go off early that morning.