Saturday, December 27, 2008

Uncensored Grace


I put "the Tipping Point" down for a few minutes to read "Uncensored Grace" by Jud Wilhite. It came in the mail yesterday thanks to my blog friend Lori. Her husband wrote the book! I've only got a few pages left. I'll give a good review later, but I wanted to share this part of the book with you....one of the better things I've read in a while:

"No matter how well-grounded my assessment of someone may be, it is still incomplete. So if I'm going to be wrong anyways, I choose to err on the side of grace. I choose to suppress the initial categories I want to put people in-rich, poor, together, not together, druggie, yuppie, rocker, loser, winner, cool, uncool. I choose to remember that I don't know their struggle or their pain. I choose to err on the side of grace because someday I'll stand before God, and I pray He'll err on the side of grace with me."

Beautifully written and stated.

No comments: