Friday, August 17, 2007

supper

I haven't written anything in quite sometime because I just started my new job. Everyday I get up at 5:30am and leave by 6:30 to teach ESOL at Lyman Hall Elementary. And every morning in that short 30 min. drive I thank God for His divine intervention in my life and mercy for allowing me to teach at such a special place. It is unlike any job I have had. First, I have never worked with so many Hispanic people in my whole life. This school is filled with right about 600 (I think) precious Hispanic children who are trying to do well in a school that is not in their native language. I admire and respect all of them and I feel that they all have a beautiful story to tell. Second, I have managed to find a group of teachers who live and breath educating these children. They get to work early and leave late. They are constantly thinking of new ways to learn the field of education and how to apply it with fresh ideas. I credit these women (Katie, Debbie, and Heather W) for turning me into an Education Fanatic!
Third, I am just thankful. Thankful for what I have learned, thankful for what I will learn, and thankful for God's presence in my life.
I have never felt God's presence like I have over the past 5 months. The other day I was reading in Matthew and my Bible pointed out that some of the cities Jesus left for the last time before the crucifixtion and resurrection He left them by having dinner. He fed the 5,000, the 4,000, the disciples at the Last Supper. As silly as this may sound, I wonder if He left this way to remind us that we would never go hungry....that the very presence of Him in our lives would satisfy our hungry souls. He has satisfied all of my needs and so much more.

1 comment:

srigdon said...

Hey Buddy~ This is my first blog comment ever!

You are my hero...I'm so excited for you and it awesome to see how God is using you! You are the best!