Monday, January 17, 2011

Learning His love

Read this today, "I tell you the truth, you must change and become like little children. Otherwise you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. The greatest person in the kingdom if heaven is the one who makes himself humble as a child."-Matthew 18: 2-4

Then I read this in my devotional book by Mary E. DeMuth this morning, " I realized afresh that parenting was not so much me imparting deep spiritual truth into the hearts of my children, but quite the opposite: My children are God's way of growing me up, of teaching me more about him."

Already through the snuggly way Julia wraps her arms around me and rests her head on my chest....through her sweet baby cry....have I better understood the parental side of our Heavenly Father. His love for us truly runs so, so deep. I can't even imagine loving anything more than I love our sweet girl...and yet somehow i know that He does love her in a way that even I cannot comprehend.


People keep asking me, "how are you doing?" yes, i am losing hours of sleep....but my response to that question is, "I would give up a couple of hours of sleep over and over again to discover and understand this sweet love from our Creator."

No comments: