Monday, June 21, 2010

A New Hobby




I've been doing a whole lot more than getting pregnant:) Brett and I visited some great ministry friends/encouragers a few months ago, and Laura (besides being super mom) has quite the knack for fixing up old furniture. I'm pretty sure all of her house was bought off of craigslist or from a yard sale...and it looks amazing! My friend Leslie is a master at doing this too and she always encourages me to save a buck! So alongside of some ideas from Dreamy Whites/Humble Pies and Laura's craigslist inspiration, I have fixed up a couple of things, made a couple of things, and loved every minute of it. I have found a new love...if I had more time, I think I would open up my own "fix up your furniture" shop. I'm going to do a few posts on some of the shananigans I've been into around our little casa!

Here's the first:
Found this brown side table on craigslist for $20! Yup...$20. I took my friend Sarah with me to pick it up (bc I'm too scared to go by myself!!), and the lady said they were moving...that the table was from Haverty's and she just wanted to get rid of it. So here's before and after photos!

No comments: