Thursday, August 27, 2009

day to day

I feel like the first 3 weeks of this school year have been a quick blur. It never fails that areas of my life collide and God uses both of them to speak.....it never fails that at the beginning of a new school year I look at each child and become increasingly overwhelmed and super stressed out with the amount of work I have to do with each one of them to carry them as far as they can go. The only thing that keeps me grounded and going and pushing each day is knowing that it all is His and that I have to trust Him so hard to keep pushing hard each day. If I look too far ahead at where they have to be it's overwhelming...If I take it day by day, giving it over to Him and trusting Him to show me and give me wisdom...I feel empowered and strengthened to approach the daily needs and even look ahead to the needs they will be encountering.

so much like my walk with Him....when I think about how far I have to go and how much I have to learn...it's overwhelming. When I take it day to day, giving it over to Him and trusting Him...again...I feel like a sea of possibilities await.

I'm certainly not undermining the beauty of future vision and the leadership that vision entails, but sometimes.....you just have to take it day by day.

No comments: