Thursday, July 23, 2009

A week of firsts


So I had another first today.....Korean Food. Kay and Sean decided to take me to a Traditional Korean restaurant to end our tutoring. While I so enjoyed the atmosphere, friendly people; I can honestly say I am not a fan of Korean Food. I was really expecting it to be very similar to Japanese or Chinese, but it was completely different! Note even close! Unfortunately, I think my taste buds weren't accustomed to the flavors because it was all so, so healthy! I ate acorn pudding, raddishes, spicy cabbage, mushroom noodles, and rice juice!

However, being in a culture I am not used to, hearing a whole new language, being a foreigner always makes for lots of fun, interesting observations, and humility. Working with Kay and Sean was so much fun and a definite learning experience. Everyday I couldn't wait to teach them something new in English......it was really fun being on the other side today:)

Thankful for other cultures and the experiences they bring.

No comments: