Sunday, July 6, 2008

no mistake...

I've been trying to think of what I wanted to write out about the past week of my life. I went to the Reading Institute in NYC for a week at the Reading/Writing Project at CU...I have a feeling that in 20 years I will look back at this past week as pivotal moments in my career as a teacher. It was the most enriching thing I have ever been a part of and I felt so blessed I got to sit under some of the "greats" in our nation and listen to their hearts on how to be the best Reading teacher. I got to partake in an ongoing conversation with Lucy Calkins and 5 other Reading teachers from around the country on how to be a leader in my school and creating an environment for change....not only was that an amazing experience but she made me realize how much bigger the issue is...truly it is so much bigger than me.

Here's something else I learned from Kevin Queen today Sunday, July 6, 2008 at 12Stone 11am service:
Do I want to do "great things for God?" or "do things for a great God?"

I choose the latter. I don't believe there was any mistake that this sermon was today following my intense week at the Reading Project where I learned that teaching students to Read could comsume all of who I am...the gifts He has given me to teach the minds of this nation is only due to the fact HE INDEED has given them...I choose to do things for a great, pure, wonderful God. That is it....that is all. What a beautiful life He gives us.

No comments: