Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Yummy Grape Salad

This is my mom and Mama June's recipe and it is sooooo Yum-o! If you like grapes you'll love this recipe!
*note-I AM NOT A COOK! But I can make this!

Ingredients:
2 lbs. of red seedless grapes-washed and drained
2 lbs. of white seedless grapes-washed and drained
8 oz. lite cream cheese
8 oz. no-fat, fat free, or lite sour cream (any of them will work fine)
1/2 c. sugar or (if you are going super healthy a 1/3 c. of Splenda)
1/4 tsp. vanilla flavoring (use real vanilla)
1 to 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
1/2 to 1 c. of finely chopped walnuts

-After washing grapes and draining; cut some of both types of grapes in half & leave the smaller ones whole.
-In a large bowl; combine cream cheese, sour cream, splenda or sugar, & vanilla. I've found that it's better to beat the cream cheese until smooth, then slowly add the sour cream and other ingredients. Add grapes to cream cheese mixture and stir until all are covered with the cream cheese mixture.
-Place in a large dish-sprinkle 1 to 2 tbsp. of light brown sugar on top of grape mixture; then sprinkle with approximately 1/2 c. to 1 c. of finely chopped walnuts.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

My mom makes this too. I don't know if she got it from them or they got it from her :). Mama says she almost got that tea cake recipe out of Mama June one day...I think it is so cute how women in her generation seem so protective of their recipes!

Brett Moore said...

you are awesome!! loving the writings from my most talented wife-0. love you sugah!!