Thursday, June 26, 2008

Galatians


I am reading through the book of Galatians right now. I have read through it before a long time ago. So many of the verses remind me of "firsts"....First time I understodd that Paul took the Gospel to the Gentiles, first time I realized my life as a believer was "crucified with Christ" and that it is He who lives within me (2:21), the first time I tried to be loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle, and full of self-control all at the same time!..(just a quick aside...trying to take on all of the fruits of the Spirit at once is IMPOSSIBLE!...but I love that I was so eager to try:), first time I understood the term "agape" and that this was the kind of love He has for me. It's a great book to read. Here's a verse I read this morning that I love...

"Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, 'Abba! Father!'-Galatians 4:6

Doesn't the verse make you want to jump from the bottom of your feet high into the air shouting, "Abba! Father!"?

No comments: